The National Aviary is located at Allegheny Commons Park and is considered by many as the Nation’s Premier Bird Zoo. It’s home to more than 600 birds, comprising more than 200 different species. This includes threatened and endangered species. Get up close and personal with the birds in their free flying habitat. You can even hand feed them and touch them. And for kids there’s also programs and events throughout the year. Just check the calendar ahead of time to see what’s coming up. Before you visit though, be sure to read the tips listed below. They should help you save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find the latest known coupons for the National Aviary listed below as well.
Tips & Coupons
- Get the Pittsburgh Entertainment Book. It offers thousands of dollars worth of coupons and discounts and in the past has had coupons for the National Aviary.
- The more features (admission to each of the bird shows) you add to your general admission ticket purchase the more savings you get at the National Aviary.
- If you are in the military, just show your military ID and you will get free admission to the National Aviary.
- If you are a senior, just mention this at the time of purchase you you get get $1 off your general admission ticket.
- Become a member of the National Aviary. A family membership pays for itself in less than 3 visits.
- Be sure to join the National Aviary email list or follow them on Facebook and Twitter. They often send out special announcements and even coupons for discounted admission to the National Aviary.
- For more staycation savings, check out sites like the Coupon Guide which offers a lot of tips and coupons for area attractions in Pittsburgh and beyond.